Sunday, July 11, 2010

Protein Burrito's & Quesadillas

HUGE shout out to whomever came up with the idea of sun-dried tomatoe & spinach flavored tortillas. I mean seriously, I cant get enough of them. I make this AMAZING spinach chicken ceaser wrap for lunch about 5x a week ... but I can post that recipe later! These two recipes in this post have got to be the easiest and I mean easiest recipes EVER that are both filling & healthy. Not to mention very cost effective and can be readily available in your pantry! Each takes about 10 min to throw together from start to finish.





Here's the mix (base) I use for both the burrito and quesadilla:
1 can Black beans
1 can Corn
1 can Diced Tomatoes & Green Chili's
(if you don't like chili's, use plain diced tomatoes)
1 lime squeezed
* You can always add cilantro, I do this when I just eat it with chips!


Drain all cans and dump into microwave safe bowl (or pot) squeeze lime in there and heat up! Lime takes the edge off "hot" flavors and I love the flavor it gives this mix.



Protein Burritos :
Grab a Tortilla (I use flavored ones), heat up and add mix, cheese, lettuce. You can of coarse add Chicken, Steak, Fish or shrimp to this. Its very filling either way!


Protein Quesadillas :
Tortilla (flavored of coarse!) Add Mix, Mexican cheese blend (meat optional)




No comments:

Post a Comment