Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Chicken Enchiladas!

If there is any dish I get asked to make over and over again, its this one!  These are so simple to throw together & I think my little added touches are what makes them so darn tasty. The ingredients I'm listing, since I wing this, is enough for 4 people + leftovers (approx 20 enchiladas). 



4 Large Chicken Breasts
1 Large can Las Palmas Green Sauce or La Victoria Red Sauce - Only sauce's I use. (With any Red Sauce you have to poor EXTRA over the top of the enchiladas since red sauce dries out easily in the oven)
Corn Tortillas
Extra virgin olive oil or Vegetable Oil 
Mexican Blend cheese - Shredded
1 Chicken Bullion Cube (or 1 tspn of Chkn Bull Pwdr)
Garlic Salt
Pepper



Preheat Oven to 350


- I start by boiling the chicken with 1 bullion cube, S&P for seasoning.  Once its cooked, shred it and put in a bowl. I then add leftover broth from the boiling process to the bowl of shredded chicken that way it soaks in the broth while I start making the tortillas. If you want to make this dish QUICK, buy a Rotisserie Chicken & shred it up. 


- In a small pan heat up oil, whichever oil you prefer. If the oil sizzles but does not pop when you put in a tortilla then its perfect! I put a cutting board next to the pan, cook one tortilla at a time until its almost crisp but still bendable then transfer to cutting board and make a stack. Set up your shredded cheese in a bowl.  Coat bottom of baking dishes with a little sauce first before putting the enchiladas in. Then start making the enchiladas ... I put a lot of chicken in mine and sprinkle very little cheese on the inside. Some people add olives and such, I like mine pretty simple.


- After you rolled up all your enchiladas cover the tops of them with the rest of the sauce. Sprinkle a bunch of shredded cheese on top then put in the oven 12 minutes at 350 then Broil on Low 5 min or until it gets that crisp cheese look on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment