Saturday, March 27, 2010

Shanna's Banana Bread


I am known to make banana bread a lot! Even my local grocery store would save old bananas for me that they had to pull off the shelf, so don't hesitate to ask the produce guy if you see him. This bread is so easy and so good. I found this recipe online a few years ago because my moms recipe was too salty for me. Needless to say it was a hit and so many have asked how to make it.


4 Ripe Bananas (the more brown the better)
1/3 Cup Melted Butter (Real butter)
1 Cup Sugar (I use organic sugar, its better for you & sweeter)
1 Egg Beaten
1Tbsp Vanilla
1t Tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 Cup Flour
Pinch of salt

* I have cut down the amount of sugar in the past, to 3/4 or a 1/2 cup
* Add chocolate chips if you'd like!

Set oven @ 350
Mix dry ingredients & wet ingredients in separate bowls. Then Mix all together with a wooden spoon. With as many times as I have moved, every oven is so different with cook time. Here are the guides I go by...

Small muffins - Start checking after 10 min
Large muffins - Start checking after 20 min
Loaf - Start checking after 45 min

No comments:

Post a Comment